top of page
Be a part of the solution!
We are passionate about not only scrubbing away stigma, but also improving access to mental health care. If you are just as fanatically driven, with the desire to produce sustaining results, find your seat on our bus!
NAMI Coastal Virginia is growing and with it the need for volunteers to meet our community’s mental health needs. If you have taken a class or attended a support group, you know how impactful it was. Please…give back and HELP US HELP OTHERS. Contact NAMI Coastal Virginia at (757) 499-2041 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Free training is provided.
Below is just a partial overview of what different volunteer roles could entail. For more specific or up-to-date opportunities, fill out the online volunteer form or contact us at (757) 499-2041 or email@example.com
Programs for Children
& Young Adults
• Children’s Challenging Behaviors facilitators (for parents of school aged children)
• Ending the Silence facilitator (middle-high school students/parents/faculty)
• Staff a NAMI table at community events
• Contact organizations, civic leagues, churches, businesses for speaking opportunities
• Organize a mental health program at your place of worship
• Give out NAMI information in the lobby of the Virginia Beach Psychiatric Center.
Download this form to read over, fill out, and/or share with friends and family that may also be interested. Submit via mail, e-mail, or click "register online" to fill out your information digitally!
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
bottom of page